Cruises from Les Saintes
Îles des Saintes is an archipelago in the French Antilles, a dependency of Guadeloupe, which in turn is an overseas department of France. The large island of Guadeloupe lies 12km to the north. Les Saintes consists of two very mountainous volcanic inhabited islands, Terre-de-Haut Island and Terre-de-Bas Island, with seven other uninhabited islets. Christopher Columbus discovered and named the archipelago in 1493.
The islands cover just 12.8 km2, and are characterised by just a few beaches, and many rocky shores covered with corals. The population of about 2800 are mostly descendants of French colonists, speaking French and French Creole.