Cruises from Newhaven (Edinburgh)
Newhaven (‘New Harbour’) is a district in the City of Edinburgh, Scotland. Its port lies on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth (‘Estuary of the River Forth’), a fjord that opens to the North Sea. The town was originally established in 1504 to be a ship-building port for King James IV. Today it retains its character as a fishing village, with distinctive lighthouse (1869), fishmarket, and of special mention Victoria Primary School, established in the 1840s, an historic building in Newhaven Main Street.
See The Royal Yacht Britannia, decommissioned in 1997, is berthed at Ocean Terminal.